Easy to prepare marinara sauce with fresh ingredients.
Course: Main Course
Yield: 1 Quart
- 3-4 Tb. Allowed Oil Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Avocado, Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 3-4 Tb. Allowed Herbs – Basil, Parsley, Oregano Can use Dried (use 1/2 much)
- 6 Cups Chopped Fresh Tomatoes Can use Chopped Canned Tomatoes
- 1⁄4 Cup Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 Tb. Coconut Sugar or Other Allowed Sugar
- 1-2 Tb. Vinegar – Allowed White Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- Heat the oil in a 11 or 12 inch deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic and sea salt and saute about 2 min. more.
- Add the herbs, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and and vinegar and simmer, uncovered over low heat for 20-30 minutes. If you using dried herbs, simmer for 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Great to add fresh parley or basil if you have right before serving.
- Spoon the sauce mixture into blender and blend on high until smooth or use an immersion blender.