Serve these burgers on a bed of greens with healthy salad toppings and drizzled with olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a dollop of mashed avocado or Avocado Garlic Sauce (recipe below). This recipe can be made with fresh salmon or canned salmon. <br> <br>Adjust for LEAP with allowed ingredients.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: Food Sensitivity
Main Ingredient: Fish
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1⁄2 cups (2-5 oz. filets) wild-caught cooked salmon chopped (may substitute canned salmon)
- 1 lemon + ½ tsp lemon zest If allowed lemon.
- 1 small onions or garlic minced (may substitute 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill (may substitute 1 tsp dried dill)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. almond flour Or other allowed flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee/clarified butter
- Combine all of the salmon burger ingredients except the coconut oil in a large bowl and mix well. If using canned salmon, drain and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Form burgers into 8 patties. They will easily fall apart until they are cooked. Handle with caution
- Heat oil or clarified butter on a griddle or pan to medium high heat.
- Carefully add burgers to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- To serve, top with 1-2 Tbsp. avocado garlic sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4)
- Calories: 195
- Protein: 24 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fiber: 0 g