Basic cream sauce for pasta, chicken or fish. Adapted for food sensitivities, elimination diets and for LEAP.
Source: Adapted from The New Basic Cookbook
Yield: 1 3/4 cups
- 4 Tablespoon Butter Allowed saturated fats – coconut
- 3 Tablespoon Allowed Flour Rice, Potato, Almond
- 1.75 Cups Allowed Milk Dairy, Almond, Coconut
- salt and pepper
- Garlic or Minced Onion Fresh garlic or onion should be sauted with the butter or allowed fats.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan. And garlic or onions if using. Add the flour and the cook, stirring, over low heat for 3 minutes. Raise the heat to medium and slowly add the allowed milk stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Continue whisking until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add seasonings and stir well and remove from the heat.