Main Ingredient: Vegetables
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 45 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled, julienned jicama
- 1 cup peeled, julienned carrots
- 1 cup shredded napa cabbage I used regular cabbage.
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup julienned English cucumber Optional
- 1⁄2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- In a small mixing bowl add lime juice, chili flakes, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Combine the jicama, carrots, cabbage and onion, cucumber, red pepper and cilantro in large bowl and toss.
- Add dressing to vegetables and let sit for 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Serve.
Amount Per Serving (4)
- Calories: 253
- Protein: 2 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 614 mg